Friday, 17 June 2011


Thought I would show you another card from the
Extravaganza, as you already know I was die cutting, something
I really like to do!!

I haven't been able to do much since the Extravaganza as I am
doing some wedding 'bits' for a friend.  Thank heavens for my Cricut as
it had to cut out 300 x 1/2" hearts, how long would that have taken by hand!!
Doesn't bear thinking about, just wish it could stick them too!!!!!

Anyway, here is the card.......


The base card was made from Grand Nesties - Scalloped Squares and embossed.
Because I used Coredinations card, it was sanded.  There is some of the lovely no
shedding glitter card which comes in really beautiful colours and gorgeous
doublesided Teresa Collins paper.
The rosettes are from the Tim Holtz Sizzlits die which is great as it cuts and creases
the fold lines which make it very easy!!  We like easy!!
The rosettes were very popular at the Extravaganza and I lost count how many of those
I made along with the roses that I have already shown you!!
The flourishes are also a Tim Holtz die.

Well, hope you have a good weekend,

I am taking the Copic Certification class on Sunday
so that should be a good day!!

Jane x


Thursday, 9 June 2011

Back again!!

Can't believe I am back here 3 days running!!!
I must try to keep to it......maybe not every day but as often as possible!!

For those of you who weren't at the Extravaganza at the weekend, I am busy playing
with my new toy, the Big Shot Pro!!
Wow, what a fabulous machine, although unfortunately the first one I
had was not cutting out properly and decided to go on strike at the weekend
right in the middle of the demo!!  Not good!!

Anyway the replacement cuts much better and I have been very busy with it.
There are some fantastic dies out there, something to suit everybody.

So tonight I am going to show you a little bag I made.
A Sizzix die, not especially for the BSP so can be used in the Cuttlebug or Big Shot.

Again, using Coredinations which has got to be my favourite card at the moment,
I cut the little bag and made it up.  Sanded all the edges which is excellent
if your card cracks on the fold line.......perhaps that is why I like it!

The little label is Spellbinders, Labels 20 (I think), cut and sanded.
Those gorgeous little roses again and the leaf is a Martha Stewart
punch, all sanded around the edges and stuck with a hot glue gun
which is my favourite adhesive at the moment. 

Hope you like it!!

See you soon,

Jane x

Wednesday, 8 June 2011


Well I said I would be back and here I am!!

I've been down to The Craft Barn today to see what was still in stock for
my classes on Saturday.  The shelves were looking quite sad after the busy weekend!!
But while I was there the boxes were arriving so it will be back to normal
very soon!!!!

Thought I'd show you the other wooden box that I decorated
for the Extravaganza.

  This again
was painted and crackled as yesterdays post but kept very simple with
a large organza ribbon bow and a few butterflies which were cut
from a Sizzix Movers and Shapers die.

  The butterflies were put through an
embossing folder to add some dimension.  I then repeated the process with acetate.

I used a row of self adhesive silver gems to finish.

See you soon,

Jane x

PS   -   Ha ha's not four months!!!

Tuesday, 7 June 2011


Gosh, sorry I have been absent for soooooooooo long!!!  I have been so busy working
 with The Craft Barn and was lucky enough to have appeared in January,
 February, March and April issues of Creative Cardmaking Magazine!!!
  What an honour!!!
Anyway, I must try and post here more often so today I am going to start putting on some of my samples that I made for the Extravaganza last weekend.
It was lovely to see so many people, it is always a busy two days but very enjoyable!

So, I am going to start today with a wooden item which I painted with Eco Green Craft
 paint, then painted a layer of PVA glue and yet another coat of paint.
  It is then gently heated with a heat gun so that the paint cracked.

The gorgeous roses are so easy to make and I made so many over the weekend,
in fact one is going all the way to South Africa!!  Hope it makes it there in one piece!!

The larger three roses are made from a Big Shot Pro die
 and the smaller two are a Bigz die. After I cut them, I put them in an
 embossing folder and then sanded the diecuts as I had used Coredinations Card.
The roses are then wound around and around and stuck with a little dollop of hot glue.
Add the Elegant Flourishes Bigz die and some pearls to finish!!

Well I'm off now, will try and post again tomorrow!!

See you soon,

Jane x